I’ve got two really cool ways I’ve found to manage my emails. I’m actually really surprised about these things. I only learned about them recently but they’ve helped me with reducing the overwhelming feeling every time I log into my email accounts.
The First is Outlook.com – Which, isn’t outlook. It’s not software. It’s weird, but basically this is Microsoft’s 5th attempt at getting email right. So I guess they named it something else. Well here is why I like using it for traffic exchanges, safelists, mailers, etc:
- I have a separate email address for each type of site. One for traffic exchanges, and one for safelists. It automatically puts the emails into the folder for those emails, separating the mountain of email from safelists I get.
- It can automatically keep only the most recent email from a specific sender. I’ve done this with most of the traffic exchanges because I only care about what’s happening right now. If I missed a promo from weeks ago, I already missed it. So this keeps the inbox size down to only 1 email from each exchange (which is already a ton!)
The Next is SaneBox.com – This service I use for my Gmail accounts. This is basically what Gmail should have been doing all along. It automatically sorts my emails and learns my habits. It also has some neat features:
- You can move emails to “SaneNextWeek” and the email will go back into your inbox next week. Great for emails that you need to get to, but don’t have time right away.
- It can scan your spam folder for people that probably shouldn’t be in there.
- It learns which emails are Newsletters, and puts them in a separate folder for you.
- It learns which emails are most important, and which you can get to later.
- It makes it very easy to blacklist a sender. I’m totally fed up with Gmail allowing spam in from senders who constantly spam me but yet marking as spam does nothing. Now I just put it into the SaneBlackHole and my inbox has been super happy!
Now SaneBox does cost money, depending on how many features you end up using. I’m using 4 of the features so it will only cost me $5.79/month. So so worth it in all the time it’s saved me already.
You also get to try all the features out for free for 14 days. And if you use my link you’ll save $5 once you start paying. Very worth it!